The Adventist Learning Community (ALC) provides professional development that is unique, self-directed and free of charge. It offers hundreds of courses and resources developed specifically for Adventist teachers, pastors and members. Courses on ALC approach current topics in education through the lens of our Adventist worldview, beliefs and principles.
As a result of the Coronavirus pandemic, schools all over the world have had to quickly shift and switch to online classes. Fully incorporating technology may be a challenge and a new concept for many. Here are a few ALC courses that will be helpful as teachers prepare to transition into online learning:
- Technology for 21st Century Learning: In this course, you will examine changes to the learning landscape and the employment scene and the resulting call for schools to respond to these changes. Explore proposals for the development of 21st century skills and how web-based technologies can be utilized to help schools engage today’s learners and prepare them for a future that is characterized by change. This course is worth 3.0 Continuing Education Units (CEUs).
- Teaching Online in Higher Education & Teaching Online in K12: These courses provide a basic understanding of online education and its place within Adventist education. Learn about different modes of online delivery, how to deliver a quality experience, and how to design content, assessments, and incorporate human interaction. Learn different strategies and discover best practices to apply in your online teaching. These courses are each worth 1.0 CEU.
- Gen Z Teacher Class: Join Dr. Michael England as he explores the background and traits of Generation Z (Gen Z’s) and Millennials. Discover methods to accommodate their learning needs and examine techniques to create a positive learning environment for Gen Z’s. Learn about technological trends that define this generation and identify ways to teach and reach them for the Kingdom. This course is worth 0.8 CEU.
- Implementing a 1 to 1 Device Program: Discover the rationale for fully integrating technology into the classroom and learn how to implement a 1 to 1 device program step-by-step. Learn creative teaching & learning strategies as well as innovative methods of engaging students in collaborative learning. This course is worth 0.5 CEU.
Join the Adventist Learning Community today to access free courses that will help you learn new skills, earn Continuing Education Units, and reach your professional learning goals.
- Adventist Learning Community Courses on Incorporating Technology in Your Classes - March 26, 2020
- A New Platform for Authentic Learning Experiences - March 16, 2020