A. Consider the purpose of the blog and the themes reflecting Adventist educator standards.
• The purpose of the blog is to inspire interaction, including Adventist educators globally.
• The 12 themes are: philosophy & mission, Christian growth, curriculum, assessment & evaluation, instruction/teaching, learning, sustainable leadership, professional development, school environment, communication & cooperation, reflective educational practice, and best practices in Christian education. (Learn more about each theme here.)
Please keep the following requirements in mind:
1. Limit your thoughts to well-crafted paragraphs with a maximum of 500 words; all work must be your own.
2. Any quotes must be academically referenced; references are not included in the word count.
3. You are welcome to rework material you have published before (as long as your contract allows for that), but please do not re-post or re-publish an exact version of your final blog.
4. To encourage deeper learning, include links to more information where applicable, preferably to free quality online sources.
C. Email your blog article to email@example.com in Word or HTML format. We reserve the right to edit any or all parts of your blog to reflect our desired purpose and tone. We will consult authors about any substantial edits. You will be asked to sign a writer’s agreement and, if necessary, submit permissions for charts, graphs, and signed model release forms, if images are included. The URL of your post will be sent on the date published.
D. Invite Adventist colleagues to read and contribute to the blog. Tell your friends about your blog, promote your post on social media such as Twitter or Facebook, and link to it on your blog and website if you have them. Inspire friends to write in their area of educational expertise, growing the community.